Complete Profile & Latest Information About Winners Chapel Int.
The living Faith Church aka Winners’ Chapel is an international church with branches across over 4 continents. The Ministry is presided by Bishop David Olaniyan Oyedepo. In 1999, the BBC reported that Faith Tabernacle was the largest church in the world with respect to how many worshipers it can seat. It has a seating capacity of over fifty thousand people. She is currently building a 200,000 seating capacity bowl called the ARK. The largest church in terms of size is Basilica of Our Lady of Peace.
Living Faith Church Worldwide (also known as Winners Chapel) is an Evangelical Charismatic Christian denomination and a megachurch.
The headquarters is located in Ota, Nigeria. The organization has since become a global network of churches with congregations in 65 countries.
HISTORY OF WINNERS’ CHAPEL (LIVING FAITH CHURCH).
Canaanland was procured in 1998 and was initially 560 acres (2.3 km2), it is in Ota, Ogun, Nigeria. The church’s international headquarters, Faith Tabernacle, was built in Cannanland between 1998 and 1999, taking twelve months to complete.
The foundation laying took place on August 29, 1998. The dedication of the building took place on September 19, 1999 with 97,800 people in attendance. The structure is purported to have been built without any debts.
The beginnings of the church date from May 1981 when Oyedepo (aged 26) had a spiritual encounter. He claims to have an eighteen-hour supernatural encounter which was a vision from God.
He says God spoke to him saying, “Now the hour has come to liberate the world from all oppressions of the devil, through the preaching of the Word of faith; and I am sending you to undertake this task”.
In 1983, the church began operating with four members on December 11.
- FOUNDING DAY: LFC was founded in the year 1983
- NUMBER OF MEMBERS: The Winners’ Chapel church has over seven million members spread across 147 countries
- HEADQUARTERS: The headquarters is sited at Km. 10, Idiroko Road, Ota, Ogun State, Nigeria
- BRANCHES: Winners’ Chapel aka Living Faith Church has estimated 20,000 (twenty thousand ) branches all over the world with about 15,000 of them all in Nigeria
- FOUNDER: The founder of Winners Chapel is Bishop David Oyedepo
- CURRENT LEADERS: The current leader of the Winners Chapel wordwide is Still the founder, Bishop David Oyedepo assisted by Bishop David Abioye & Bishop Thomas Aremu the 1st and 2nd vice president respectively.
Winners Chapel Programme / Events Calendar
Please click on each programme /event to find details about them.
- Winners’ Chapel Annual Anniversary
- Winners’ International Youth Alive Convention (IYAC)
- Easter Youth Camp
- Winners Chapel Sunday service Livestream
- Mid-week Communion service
- Covenant Hour Of Prayer (CHOP)
- Week of Spiritual Emphasis
- 21 Days Fasting and Prayer
- 7 Days Fasting and Prayer
- Revival – Morning & Evening raids.
- Ministers Conference
- Steward Meetings
- Feet Washing Service
- Leadership and Empowerment Summit
- Trumpet Service
- Prophetic Monthly Theme
In 1999, the BBC reported that Faith Tabernacle was the largest church in the world with respect to how many worshipers it can seat. It has a seating capacity of just over fifty thousand people. The largest church in terms of size is Basilica of Our Lady of Peace.
On Dec 11 2013, Oyedepo’s first son, David Oyedepo Jnr, ministered for the first time at the church’s annual Shiloh gathering.
In December 2015, Oyedepo Jnr became the resident pastor of the Faith Tabernacle. Oyedepo announced commencement of the construction of a 100,000 capacity Faith Theatre. The Theatre will be centralised within a 15,000 housing estate to be known as ‘Canaan City’.
THE TWELVE PILLARS OF THE COMMISSION
The Church is founded upon twelve core emphases as follows:
- FAITH (1 John 5:4, Eph. 6:16)
- THE WORD (John 1:1-12; Heb. 1:3)
- SIGNS AND WONDERS (Ps. 82:5-7; John 3:8)
- THE HOLY SPIRIT (Acts 1:1-8; Isaiah 10:27)
- PROSPERITY (3 John 2; Ps. 35:27; Zech. 1:17)
- PRAYER (1 John 5:14)
- HEALING (Isaiah 53:3-4; Jer. 8:22; Matt. 8:17)
- WISDOM (Prov. 24:3-4, Isaiah 33:6)
- SUCCESS (Joshua 1:8-10)
- VISION (Prov. 29:18, Jer. 29:11)
- CONSECRATION (Hebrews12:14; 2Tim. 2:19)
- PRAISE (2 Chro. 20:20-22; Ps. 67:1-7; 149:1-9)
The theological position of the church is Pentecostal.
The Living Faith church is a champion in Christian school education in Nigeria, leading with Covenant University, Landmark University, Faith Academy and over 150 Kingdom Heritage Model Schools, and a ministry training college The Word of Faith Bible Institute (WOFBI).