Complete Profile & Latest Information About Rhema Chapel Int.
The Rhema Chapel is a Pentecostal mega-church which is internationally recognized as the home of the blessed people. It is presided by Rev George Adegboye, who is known to have visited major cities of the world.
The Rhema Chapel International Churches (RCIC) also known as the Ever Increasing Word Ministries is focused on ministering to the Spirit, Soul and Body of believers. The Church is Head quartered at Tanke, Ilorin, Kwara state, Nigeria.
HISTORY OF RHEMA CHAPEL INTERNATIONAL CHURCHES
The divine call on the life of the founder was received in December, 1981. There was a programme that was being held at the Kwara State Polytechnic. It was a programme on the gifts of the Spirit. He attended because there was a deep impression on his heart that he should be in that meeting. As he sat in the service and this man was ministering the word of God, all of a sudden in the middle of his sermon, he heard the Voice of God. God said: “I have called thee, I have chosen thee, I have ordained and anointed thee, to take my words to the nations, emphasizing its integrity”.
RCIC was formally inaugurated on November 29th, 1987, at the Olufunmilayo Conference Hall, Circular Hotels, Ilorin. From the Circular Hotels, the Chapel moved to Katola Day Care center along the University Road, Tanke, Ilorin. In 1989, it moved again across the road to its present site.
When God revealed the vision of Rhema Chapel, He spoke to Reverend George Adegboye, that the Church, will not just be involved in gathering people together or going through some motions on Sunday. Among many other things the Lord said is that Rhema Chapel shall have certain peculiarities.
Rhema Chapel outreaches are to all levels of the society. We reach out to youths, men, women, children, the poor and the rich. The chapel is like a “combined harvester”. Ten years after the first Chapel was inaugurated, God has caused a bountiful multiplication in the area of Church planting.
From the Rhema Chapels which came out of the first stage of Church planting efforts of the ministry, other categories of churches have emerged, which are;
- Rhema Chapel World Outreach Churches,
- Rhema Chapel Satellite Churches and
- Rhema Chapel Campus Churches
- FOUNDING DAY: November 29th 1987
- NUMBER OF MEMBERS:
- HEADQUARTERS: University Road, Tanke Ilorin, Kwara State, Nigeria.
- BRANCHES: Rhema Chapel International Churches has over forty (40) branches nationwide.
- FOUNDER: Reverend George Olawale Adegboye.
- CURRENT LEADERS:
Rhema Chapel Programme / Events Calendar
- January Fast
- Mid-Year Fast
- International Young Ministers Conference
- Foundation & Membership Class
- Aerobics Class
- Young Ministers Teaching School
- Deliverance Clinics
RHEMA CHAPEL TENETS
- We believe that all scripture is given by the inspiration of God and is the infallible rule and standard for faith and conduct (2 Tim. 3:16; Ps. 119:128).
- We believe in the personal salvation of believers through the shed blood of Jesus Christ (2 Cor. 5:17).
- We believe in the imminent PERSONAL return of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe in intensive and extensive world evangelism and missionary work in accordance with the Great Commission with signs and wonders following.
- We believe in divine healing in the sense of its being part of the atonement through faith (Matt. 18:16-17; Isa. 53:4; I Pet. 2:14; Ps. 103:3).
- We believe there is ONE God, maker of all things and being in Trinity of Father, the word and the Holy Spirit (I Jn. 5:7).
- We believe Jesus is the son of God, begotten of the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary, and is man and God at the same time (I Tim.6).
- We believe in the resurrection of the dead, the eternal bliss of the saved and the eternal torment of the lost.
- We believe in the baptism of the Holy Ghost accompanied with the universal, initial, vocal sign of speaking with other tongues as the Spirit gives utterance and with power (Acts 2 :1-4; 1:8).
- We believe in sanctification through the blood of Jesus, personal holiness of heart and life reflected in fruit-bearing and in total separation from the world and its lusts.
- We believe in water baptism by immersion in the name of the Father, Son and the Holy Ghost and in Jesus name (Heb. 6.2; Acts 8:36-36) and the Lord’s supper (I Cor. 11:23-32; Matt. 26:26-30) as ordinances to be observed by the Church during the present age.
- We believe that Jesus Christ resurrected from death after three days and today, He is alive for everyone.
- We believe in the deliverance of men from oppression and bondage of the devil. The casting out of demons (Mk.16:17).
RHEMA CHAPEL CORE VALUES
Our core essence is exemplified in our values which are articulated as:Salvation as the beginning of our experience with God.
- Steadfastness in our Christian commitment.
- Studying as our spiritual culture.
- Soul winning as our supreme task.
- Separation from the world as our attitude towards the world.
- Spirit filled as the mode of our worship.
- And Second coming as our expectation
As our church enters into the next phase, it remains fully committed to helping build the man, family and ministry through the instrumentality of the word of God, and the apt help of the Holy Spirit. Rhema Chapel International Church remains committed to being the people of the word changing the world.
RHEMA CHAPEL MINISTRIES
- George Adegboye World Outreach (GAWO)
- YOUNG MINISTERS TEACHING SCHOOL (YMTS)
- THE WORD AND YOU
- RHEMA CHAPEL BASIC SCHOOLS