Complete Profile & Latest Information About Oak Hills Church.
The Oak Hills Church is a dynamic, non-denominational congregation of disciples who make disciples by guiding all people to follow Jesus moment by moment. The Church is located in San Antonio, Texas. The church was established in 1958. The church is Pastored by Lead Minister Travis Eades and Teaching Minister Max Lucado.
Oak hills is a congregation making disciples of the world, and leading many along the path of following Jesus, moment by moment.
The headquarters is located in San Antonia, Texas.
HISTORY OF OAK HILLS CHURCH.
Oak Hills church was founded in 1958 as a local church plant on Fredericksburg Road in San Antonio, Texas, where passionate fellows began gathering as a Body of Christ with disciple making in our DNA.
The Church Has grown into a dynamic, non-denominational congregation. Creating a path of making disciples by guiding all people to follow Jesus moment by moment.
From the earliest days, God gave our church a vision of reaching the city of San Antonio for Christ, and God is still calling Oak Hills Church toward that vision. We envision a community of disciples courageously engaging culture with the hope of Jesus where we live, work, learn, and play.
At Oak Hills Church, the gospel compels us to live courageously and love authentically as we follow Jesus moment by moment. The invitation from Jesus to follow him is an invitation from our maker to discover the purpose for which we’ve been created. When following Jesus, we are prepared to share the hope of Jesus.
For more than sixty years, God has led Oak Hills Church on a remarkable journey. Travis Eades is the Lead Minister of Oak Hills Church in San Antonio, TX, while Teaching Minister Max Lucado has preached at Oak Hills Church since 1988.
- FOUNDING DAY: Oak Hills Church was founded in the year 1958.
- NUMBER OF MEMBERS:
- HEADQUARTERS: The headquarters is sited in San Antonio, Texas.
- FOUNDER: The founder of Oak Hills Church is
- CURRENT LEADERS: The current Lead Minister of the Oak Hills Church is Travis Eades. Max Lucado is the teaching Minister. Greg Oefinger is the Executive Minister of Oak Hills Church. Matt Moore is the OHC Adult Discipleship Minister. Renee Navarro is the OHC Human Resources Director. Mike Oakes is the OHC Outreach Minister. Gerry True is the OHC Communication Minister.
Oak Hills Church Leadership
Travis Eades: Travis Eades is the Lead Minister of Oak Hills Church in San Antonio, TX,
Max Lucado: Teaching Minister Max Lucado has preached at Oak Hills Church since 1988.
Greg Oefinger: Greg Oefinger is the Executive Minister of Oak Hills Church.
Matt Moore: Matt Moore is the OHC Adult Discipleship Minister.
Renee Navarro: Renee Navarro is the OHC Human Resources Director.
Mike Oakes: Mike Oakes is the OHC Outreach Minister.
Gerry True: Gerry True is the OHC Communication Minister.
Oak Hills Church Programme / Events Calendar
Experience God’s presence at church. Please click on each programme /event to find details about them.
- Oak Hills Church Sunday Service – 9:00am and 10:30am
- OHC Español – 12:30pm.
- Westside Fellowship – 10:00am & 12:pm
Oak Hills Church Social Media Handles and Contacts
⇒ Click here to view more churches’ profiles and current information.
How to be a Member of Oak Hills Church?
More than any other time in our history it is important for followers of Jesus to find our identity in Christ and for the local church to live our role in God’s Kingdom Church. Jesus never intended for his disciples to live an isolated, solitary lifestyle. Following Jesus is more like a team sport than an individual sport. When we join in the mission of Jesus, together, we experience the power of God’s unique community – the church.
We invite you to prayerfully consider God’s calling to be a fully engaged disciple through membership with Oak Hills Church. Please review Membership Covenant here.
As a church, we are committed to growing in our love for God and others by living out our four discipleship commitments:
Experiencing God weekly in worship together
Encountering God daily through spiritual practices
Encouraging one another weekly in biblical community
Expressing love daily through serving others
We can’t wait to pursue discipleship together as we live out our mission to be disciples who make disciples by guiding all people to follow Jesus moment by moment. Register to attend an upcoming membership class or use the contact form below to learn about our membership next steps.
Oak Hills Church Vision and Mission Statements
We are disciples who make disciples by guiding all people to follow Jesus moment by moment.
We envision a community of disciples courageously engaging culture with the hope of Jesus where we live, work, learn, and play.
God’s story is a story of love and redemption. The story or message that most clearly shows this redemptive love is the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus (John 3:16). Paul says this message is of “first importance” (1 Corinthians 15:3). As God reveals his nature through the stories of the Bible, the following teachings emerge as central doctrines. These teachings form the core of our beliefs at Oak Hills Church.
At Oak Hills Church we sincerely try to follow the Bible and its teachings. However, our ability to logically figure everything out is not the basis for our acceptability before God. Our salvation is based on what God has done for us through Jesus Christ. What we must be right about is the fact that we cannot be right about everything and are therefore completely dependent on God’s graciousness and mercy.
As followers of Jesus, we embrace the beliefs and actions of Jesus as guiding values. These values inform how we live as we follow Jesus and engage people with the hope of Jesus.
- God Dependence: We live fully surrendered to the guidance of the Holy Spirit.
- Persistent Prayer: Prayer fuels our relationship with God and aligns us to his will.
- Authentic Love: Jesus authentically loved all people and we will too.
- Family Focus: We partner with families to raise the next generation of Jesus followers.
- Biblical Community: We encourage one another through intentional relationships where everyone is known and loved.
- Radical Generosity: Everything we are and everything we have is devoted to serving God and serving others.
Our Discipleship Commitments
As followers of Jesus, we are committed to nurturing our love for God and others.
- Worship Together: We experience God weekly in worship together.
- Biblical Community: We encourage one another weekly in biblical community.
- Spiritual Practices: We encounter God daily through spiritual practices.
- Serve Others: We express love daily through serving others.
Oak Hills Church Ministries, and Affiliations
- Bible land Kids
- College + Young Adults
- Local Outreach
- Global Outreach