Complete Profile & Latest Information About The Church of God Missions
The Church of God Mission International is a Christian denomination and a megachurch originating from Nigeria. The church was founded by Archbishop Benson Idahosa.
The headquarters of the Church of God Mission International is located in Benin City, Nigeria.
HISTORY OF THE CHURCH OF GOD MISSIONS
Church of God Mission International, as it is known today, grew from a beginning in 1962 as a prayer group first named Calvary Fellowship at a shop on Ivbizua Street, off Mission Road. It was officially inaugurated in 1965 by Rev. Edgar Perkins.On October 26, 1968, Rev. Perkins approached the Assemblies of God to release Benson Idahosa, then a Sunday School Superintendent, to oversee the prayer ministry. The fellowship moved to No. 26, Forestry Road, Benin City with Pastor Benson Idahosa fully in-charge. The membership of the fellowship grew numerically. Pastor Benson Idahosa decided to build a church and this began his building ministry. He moved the members to Iyaro Church and on 18 September 1974. The church was registered under the Land perpetual succession Acts and Certificate number 1245 was issued. By the time Church of God Mission Iyaro was completed the membership had risen tremendously.
Christian Fellowship International popularly known as CFi is the Campus outreach arm of Church of God Mission International (CGMI). It was gracefully founded by the renowned Archbishop Benson A. Idahosa – the man of faith. CFI started in the 1990/91 academic session at the sports complex of the University of Benin.
- FOUNDING DAY: Church of God Mission International was founded in 1962.
- HEADQUARTERS: The headquarters of the Church of God Mission International is located in Benin City, Nigeria, West Africa.
- FOUNDER: The founder of CGM Int’l is Archbishop Benson Idahosa
- CURRENT LEADERS:
Church of God Mission Programme / Events Calendar
CHURCH OF GOD VISION, MISSION AND BELIEVES
THE CHURCH OF GOD MISSIONS INTERNATIONAL AFFILIATE MINISTRIES
The Church serves as a mother entity to some other ministries as follows;
- Christian Women Fellowship International (CWFI) Led by Archbishop Margaret Benson Idashosa.
- Christian Fellowship International (CFI) the arm of the Ministry that focuses on students in institutions of Higher Learning.
- Christian Youth Fellowship (CYF)
- Agape Force Ministry (AFM) also known as the teenagers ministry.
The Church runs the Benson Idahosa University.