Complete Profile & Information Christ Apostolic Church (CAC )
CAC is the first Aladura Pentecostal Church in Nigeria. It was reported to have risen in the 20th century, in the then British Empire. It was spear headed by the founder Joseph Ayo Babalola.
The Christ Apostolic Church is Headquartered at 22,26,28 Olowu Street Ebute-Elefun, Lagos Island. Lagos Nigeria.
HISTORY OF CHRIST APOSTOLIC CHURCH
Christ Apostolic Church is a distinctly indigenous African Church with headquarters in Nigeria, but with members spread across the world.
We are the pioneer Pentecostal Church in Africa, with a membership base of presently over five million, made up of men and women, families from diverse sectors of the social strata.
Our history is traceable directly to the definite outpouring of the Holy Spirit in Nigeria, Africa, in the great revival which began in 1930 through the ministry of Apostle Joseph Ayo Babalola.
The Church is renowned as a praying church, and we believe that healings, miracles, and other signs and wonders as recorded in the book of the Acts of the Apostles are meant to manifest today.
Christ Apostolic Church (CAC) is the first Aladura Pentecostal church present in Nigeria and other countries. It arose in the first half of the 20th century, in the then-British empire.
It was formally established in 1941 after a split from the Apostolic Church which the original Aladura organization (Faith Tabernacle) had invited to Nigeria. Its growth was led by Joseph Ayo Babalola, a road construction driver who became its founder.
The revival led by Babalola resulted in thousands burning their traditional fetishes. This disturbed the colonial authorities, and allegations included witch-hunting and opposition to hospitals and medicine. Babalola was arrested and jailed.
- FOUNDING DAY: The church was founded in the year 1941
- NUMBER OF MEMBERS: The church as a congregation of over 50,000 Worshippers
- HEADQUARTERS: Their headquaters is located at 22,26,28 Olowu Street Ebute-Elefun, Lagos Island. Lagos Nigeria
- BRANCHES: The church has over 50 branches around the world, with presence in countries like with the United States of America, Armenian Apostolic Church, the United Kingdom, Canada, Belgium, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, the Republic of Ireland, Austria, Australia, South Africa, the Ivory Coast, Togo and Chad.
- FOUNDER: The founder of CAC is Joseph Ayo Babalola.
- CURRENT LEADER: Pastor Samuel Olusegun Oladele was inaugurated as the 8th president of Christ Apostolic Church Worldwide in March 20, 2021.
CHRIST APOSTOLIC CHURCH PROGRAMME/EVENT CALENDAR
- Church anniversary
- Sunday service
- Annual Pastors Conference
The Christ Apostolic Church has branches in the US and Some European countries. Majority of its members constitute of the Yoruba speaking population. The church broke out of the Apostolic Church and was spear headed by the founder Ayo Babalola. It is the first Aladura Pentecostal Church in Nigeria.
CHRIST APOSTOLIC CHURCH MINISTRIES
Some of the subsidiary ministries of the CAC were categorised as “stages of Life”. they include the following arms;
- Body of Christ (BOD) – Youth
- Young Christian Fellowship
- Good Women